Could you sleep rough for the night so that other's don't have to?
The YMCA Sleep Easy challenges you to do just that. It’s simple to take part, just pick a day that suits you, pick a location, get sponsored and rough it for the night. Whether you chose to camp out in the garden, bed down in the bath or rough it in an outdoor space, the money you raise helps YLCAN provide vital accommodation and support for young people experiencing homelessness.
When’s the SleepEasy
There’s no fixed date you can do it in your own time. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how and when you’ll sleep out and set up a JustGiving page to ensure you make the most of your hard work.
How You Are Helping
Your donations help us continue working to support our young residents in creating the futures they deserve. With 392 bedrooms, spread over our three residents’ homes, we help over 620 young people get out of homelessness every year. Our approach is holistic. As well as food and affordable accommodation, YLCAN offers residents personal support, access to training for education and employment, life skills and recreational activities.
What your donations can provide:
- £10 Welcome pack for a new resident (toiletries and essentials)
- £30 Bedding, soft furnishings, rugs or table lamps to brighten up a resident’s room
- £50 Art materials for ‘Reclaim the Space’ and other residential art projects
- £80 Resident music studio – an on-going project to provide occupation and inspiration to our many musically-gifted young residents
- £100 IT equipment to allow online access to residents for training and educational, mental health support and benefits
- £500 To redecorate a bedroom
Sleep out and sleep easy knowing that you’re making a real difference to a young person’s life.