Do you want to help tackle youth homelessness and ensure vulnerable young people in your community can get the support they need for a brighter future? You’ve come to the right place!
There are lots of ways you can help support the work of YMCA London City and North.
- Take part in one of our Fundraising Events
- Take on your own sporting challenge. Run, walk, cycle, hike, swim… whatever you choose, set yourself a challenge, set up a JustGiving page and revel in the glory of not only completing your challenge but transforming lives in the process!
- Take on a different kind of challenge. Not sporty? Not to worry. There are plenty of other challenges you can do. Could you give up something you love like chocolate, alcohol, your phone? Or commit to doing something everyday like a good deed a day? Or even take on a challenge like shaving your hair? Once you’ve decided on the challenge for you, set up your JustGiving page, spread the word and remember to send us pictures!
- Host an event. Depending on the restrictions in place at the time, there are various different ways you can get together with friends to fundraise. Here are just a few ideas to spark your imagination;– Host a quiz – over zoom, at your house or at a pub when they’re open. Donate to take part and donate all or a percentage of the profits.
– Create a choir – again, this can be done over zoom. Ask friends to donate to join.
– Host a movie night – if you have a projector and a garden why not go alfresco?
– Hold a bake sale – this is a classic tasty fundraiser but one that really needs to happen in person!
- Sell something – make the most of those creative talents you worked on over lockdown and sell arts or crafts with funds going to the YMCA. Or if you have an existing business ,could you spare a percentage of sales to help vulnerable young people in your area? Get in touch with us to discuss this further.
If you have had a look through and think fundraising is not for you can donate and still receive the warm glow of knowing you’ve helped transform a young person’s life.