What to do if you see someone sleeping rough
We recommend you contact StreetLink, the rough sleeper referral service for England and Wales. You can either call 0300 500 0914, visit streetlink.org.uk or download their app from the Apple or Google Play store. StreetLink staff will then be able to connect rough sleepers with local street outreach teams or other support groups in the local area. The service accepts calls from the public and self-referrals from current rough sleepers. If you are immediately concerned about the health of a rough sleeper, dial 999 for the emergency services.
What to do if you or someone you know is worried about becoming homeless
Several different organisations can provide support and guidance if someone is in a housing crisis. Options include: Your local council’s Housing department – find contact details on your local council website
- Shelter –a freephone national housing advice line on 0808 800 44 44
- All people all places 0208 348 8298
- Hope Worldwide 0207 713 7655
- No second night out 0300 500 0914
- Alone in London 0207 278 4224/5 (under 25)
- New Horizon 0207 388 5580 (under 21)
- Heartstone Domestic Violence 0208 888 5362
- Citizens’ Advice offers practical, impartial information online and at a local level
- Samaritans are available to listen to you 24/7 on 08457 909090
Supporters can continue to help by volunteering or setting up a regular or one-off donation using the Donate button above.
Thank you from everyone at YMCA London City and North.